Waiver and Release Consent to Medical Attention and Grant of Rights
By purchasing tickets for and participating in the food tasting and cultural walking tours (“Tours”) offered by Taste It Tours (the “Company”), and in consideration for my being allowed to participate in the Tours, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I, and if I am not yet 18 years old, my parent or legal guardian (individually and collectively referred to below in the first person singular) agree to be bound by each of the following provisions of this waiver, release of liability, indemnification, consent to medical attention and grant of rights (“Waiver”) :
1. Voluntary Participation. I understand and confirm that my participation in the Tours is voluntary. I am in good health and suffer from no physical or mental condition that would make me especially susceptible to injury or disability while participating in the Tours.
2. Comprehension of Risk. I fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with my participation in the Tours including, without limitation, injury or death resulting from exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, and injuries arising from self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, motor vehicles, and pedestrians. I understand that the Tours take place in public venues under conditions largely beyond Company’s control.
3. Assumption of Risk. Participant fully comprehends and accepts all of the risks associated with his/her participation in the Tours including, without limitation, exposure to unfavorable weather conditions, food sickness, injuries (e.g., without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, automobiles, pedestrians and the like) and death.
4. Release of Liability; Limitation of Damages. PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS IS AT PARTICIPANT’S OWN SOLE RISK. PARTICIPANT, ON BEHALF OF HIS/HERSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT, HEREBY FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES THE COMPANY, AND ANY AFFILIATED ENTITIES, PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, PRESENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEES, OWNERS, OFFICERS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, CONTRACTORS, INSURERS, SHAREHOLDERS AND DIRECTORS OF THE FOREGOING (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, JAY VENIARD, JESSICA COMBEST (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS AND EXPENSES IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, AND LIABILITIES FOR DEATH, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANT, TO ANY ONE ELSE, OR TO ANY PROPERTY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT SUCH INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE WAS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL CONDUCT OF THE COMPANY OR ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. PARTICIPANT, ON BEHALF OF HIS/HERSELF AND/OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY ACTING THROUGH OR ON BEHALF OF PARTICIPANT, FURTHER AGREES TO DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND TO HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DAMAGES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEY’S FEES) AND LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WHATSOEVER IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS.
5. Indemnification. I agree to defend and indemnify the Released Entities from any and all Claims as incurred of any kind whatsoever in any way arising out of my participation in the Tours.
6. Binding Effect. This Waiver shall be binding upon my next of kin, personal representatives, heirs, beneficiaries, and assigns and shall inure to the benefit of Company, its successors and assigns.
7. Consent to Medical Treatment. I authorize Company to provide to me, through medical personnel of its choice, customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon Company to provide such assistance, transportation, or services.
8. Severability. If any provision of this Waiver is for any reason declared to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected. The invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable, and if no modification may render it valid and enforceable, this Waiver will be construed as if not containing such provision and the rights and obligations of the parties will be construed and enforced accordingly.
9. Governing Law and Venue. This Waiver shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Arizona without regard to conflict of law principles. Venue shall be in Maricopa County, Arizona.
10. Promotional Release. I hereby grant to Company the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use photographic portraits, pictures, video footage and/or audio recordings of my participation in the Tours, in which I may be included intact or in part, including the negatives, prints, transparencies or digital information relevant to such portraits (the “Material”). Company has the right to reproduce, exhibit, distribute, broadcast, digitize, edit, or otherwise use the Material, by any method and in any media, whether now existing or later created, without restriction throughout the world, by incorporating the Material into its website, publications, catalogues, brochures, books, magazines, or commercial, informational, educational, advertising, or promotional materials relating thereto (collectively, the “Works’). I agree that Company is and shall be the exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest, including copyright, in the Material and the Works. I further grant to Company an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use my name, age, and hometown in connection with the Material and the Works.
None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Released Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
TASTE IT TOURS